Repairs and improvements
You can report a repair using our online system which is available 24 hours a day.
If you experience any problems accessing our online system, please contact our Customer Care Line on 0300 123 3456.
When will repairs be fixed?
Emergency repairs: we'll repair or make safe within 24 hours
The following would be treated as an emergency repair:
- total loss of electric power
- an unsafe lighting socket or electrical fitting
- total loss of lighting
- partial loss of power but only when it is a danger to health and safety, for example power loss effects essential equipment such as a stair lift or a nebuliser
- total loss of water supply
- toilet not flushing (when there is no other toilet at the dwelling)
- internal leaking or burst pipes (only when the tenant cannot control the leak and there is a danger to the property and/or belongings)
- burst tanks or cylinders
- loss of water heating (between 31st October – 1st May)
- total or partial loss of gas supply
- no central heating (between 31st October – 1st May)
- blocked or leaking foul drain or soil stack
- blocked flue to open fire or boiler
- blocked WCs
- blocked sink, bath or wash hand basin (in multi-storey blocks only)
- blocked refuse chutes in multi-storey blocks
- insecure external window, door or lock
- locked out (may be chargeable)
- gale, fire, flood or explosion damage
Next available repairs: we aim to fix within 35 days
The following would be treated as repairs to fix at the next available date:
- partial loss of electric power
- partial loss of water
- taps which cannot be turned
- leaking pipe work or waste pipes
- loss of water heating (between 30th April – 1st November)
- blocked sink, bath or wash hand basin (except in multi-storey blocks)
- rotten timber flooring or stair tread
- door intercoms not working
- extractor fans in kitchens or bathrooms
- glass replacement
- leaking roofs
- floorboards (small repairs)
- internal door repairs (not replacement)
- air vents / bricks
- small plastering repairs (plaster patch)
Making gas services safer
How we keep you and your home safe
We work with an organisation called Gas Advisory Services to make sure that all gas works, such as repairs to your boilers, are carried out safely, within the law and to high quality standards.
They give us important feedback on how our gas services can be improved, and also offer advice on how you can be more energy efficient and reduce your energy bills.
It is important that you help us to make sure that we continue to provide safe and high quality services by giving Gas Advisory Services access to your property when necessary. If you receive an appointment letter from Gas Advisory Services, and you cannot make the time, please call them on 01322 331312 to rearrange.