Get Involved

Planning Your Xmas Meal on a Budget with FMG Nutrition Nureen Glaves

When: Wednesday 2nd Dec 2015, 9:00am - 4:00pm
Where: Albion House, 20 Queen Elizabeth Street, London, SE1 2RJ

Planning Your Xmas Meal on a Budget with FMG Nutrition Nureen Glaves
Thinking of how to prepare a hearty and healthy Christmas meal while keeping to your budget? Wondering how to stay on track and not undo any of your hard work by over indulging during the festive period? Then this workshop is for you.
This course will cover:
• Planning your Xmas dinner for you and your family
• Trying out some new ideas or twists on the traditional meal
• Shopping for ingredients smartly and cost effectively
• Timing, preparation and cooking tips

Assertiveness and Confidence

When: Thursday 3rd Dec 2015, 9:00am - 4:00pm
Where: Albion House, 20 Queen Elizabeth Street, London, SE1 2RJ

Assertiveness and Confidence

This course will identify different types of behaviours and approaches we use to deal with other people and situations in our day to day life. It will equip you with tools and techniques to act and feel more confidently.

This course will cover:

• Different types of behaviours and communication approaches we use
• The importance of having confidence to maintain emotional and physical wellbeing
• What is ‘Confidence’? Tools and techniques to improve confidence levels.
• How communicating ‘Assertively’ can help to build confidence and improve quality of life?

Basic Employability Skills

When: Friday 4th Dec 2015, 10:00am - 4:00pm
Where: Pitsea Leisure Centre, Northlands Pavement, Basildon, Essex SS13 3DU

Staff contact: Grace Smith
Trainer: Karl Lomas

Arts and Crafts- Cake decorating

When: Monday 7th Dec 2015, 10:00am - 4:00pm
Where: Pembroke House, 11 Northlands Pavement, Basildon, Essex SS13 3DU

Staff contact: Grace Smith
Trainer: Shelley Edwards

Work Life Balance

When: Wednesday 9th Dec 2015, 9:00am - 2:00pm
Where: Albion House, 20 Queen Elizabeth Street, London, SE1 2RJ

Work life Balance with Sabrina Malik
This workshop will help you identify ways of increasing your health and wellbeing. It is helpful for anyone who is trying to navigate home and work life balance and especially look at how we can utilise our time better.
This course will cover:
• Importance of work life balance – why is it important?
• Your own motivation to achieve a healthier work life balance
• Ways to find time during the day
• Tips and techniques to adopt routines that can work for you

Emergency First Aid

When: Wednesday 9th Dec 2015, 10:00am - 4:00pm
Where: Pembroke House, 11 Northlands Pavement, Basildon, Essex SS13 3DU

Staff Contact: Grace Smith
Trainer: Athena

More Training Courses >


Have you been affected by the recent welfare & benefit changes?

Changes to welfare and benefits took place in April 2013. You can find out more about these changes and how they may affect you in our Money Advice section.

How do I pay my rent?

It’s easy to pay your rent: you can pay it online, or set up a direct debit. Or by using your mobile, a swipe card, by phone or by SMS.

Remember, your rent is due in advance. If you’re having money problems, talk to us, or read the latest money saving advice from our resident adviser. If you don’t pay your rent, you could lose your home. read more >

How do I contact my Neighbourhood Manager?

Your first point of contact will be with our Customer Care Line on 0300 123 3456. Most of the time the person you first speak to will be able to help you and answer your queries. If they can’t they will put you in touch or arrange an appointment with someone who can.

How can I become a tenant?

Many people contact us directly to find out if they can become a tenant: please note, we don’t take any applications directly.

To become a Family Mosaic tenant, you’ll first need to contact your local council and ask to be placed on their housing list.

Waiting lists are long especially in London but your local council will be able to advise you.

What do I do about anti-social behaviour?

We take anti-social behaviour seriously. Our brochure provides information about what we consider ASB and what you can do to try and resolve the problem. If you are still unable to resolve this yourself, contact our Customer Care Line on 0300 123 3456, they will give advice about how to deal with the problem. Alternatively, report it using our online form.

How do I make a complaint?

If you want to report a problem and let us try to deal with it quickly and informally, please phone our Customer Care Team first on 0300 123 3456 to discuss the problem. To make a formal complaint please follow our complaints procedure.

Can I change the terms of my lease?

You can vary any terms of your lease by agreement with us. In addition, you have the right to appeal to a leasehold valuation tribunal on specific grounds, so that you can vary your lease. Find out more

Can I put up a satellite dish?

We do not allow individual satellite dishes to be put up on blocks of flats, because this often breaches planning conditions, can be unsightly and can cause damage to the building. Newer developments often have a communal dish provided, or a service provider will normally be prepared to erect a communal system if a number of leaseholders want this. If you do put up a satellite dish, you will be charged for the costs of our removing it.

How do I comment on the cleaning of communal areas?

Call us on 0300 123 2209 - or speak with the contractor directly.

How can I become involved in the management of my home?

We encourage you to set up a Residents Association within your scheme, or join an existing association. We’ve also set up a leasehold forum, so you can feedback your comments to us directly. Call us on 0300 123 2209 for further information.

How can I find out about what’s happening on my estate or scheme?

Our neighbourhood managers put all the latest information up onto your communal notice board. We’re also piloting a scheme where they can post latest updates to this web site.

How can I buy more shares in my home?

Buying more shares in your home is called staircasing: after you’ve bought your initial share, you can then buy further shares called tranches. The minimum tranche you can buy is 10%. You can usually buy up to 100% of your home. Find out more

Can I leave my bicycle or pushchair on communal landings?

The short answer is no: communal hallways and landings have to be kept clear at all times because they are a means of escape in case of fire. If anything is left in the hallway, we will ask you to remove it: if you don’t, then we will dispose of it and may incur costs as a result.

Can you provide me with a copy of my lease?

Your solicitor should provide you with a copy of your lease when you complete the purchase of your property. If you’ve lost this, or did not originally receive one, we can help you with a replacement. There will be a fixed fee for this service.

How do I refer someone for floating support?

Please visit our dedicated care and support website to find Floating Support services in London, Essex and the South East.

How do I find sheltered accommodation?

You’ll need to contact your local council first, and ask about how you can apply to be on their housing register. You can always speak with your local support office for more information or advice.

Am I eligible for care in my home?

We have care services in London, Hampshire, Essex and East Sussex. You can either refer yourself, or be referred to us via social services. It will depend on your circumstances. Contact your local office to find out more.

Do I have to pay for your services?

This will depend on your circumstances. We can support you whether you are in receipt of welfare benefits, or not. Contact one of our local offices about how we can support you.

I have a relative with learning disabilities: can you support them?

We have various specialist services for people with learning disabilities. Check what’s available at your local office.

Can you adapt my home?

Our Home Improvement Agencies in Sussex, Hampshire and Kent offer a range of different support to help you adapt your home. Find out more on our dedicated Home Improvement Agencies website.