Do you want to give something back to your local community? Look no further!
We have an exciting opportunity to be part of an established community of adults with learning disabilities living in Southwark. Join a dedicated team of support workers providing support to adults with learning disabilities to maintain and sustain their independence, maximise their potential and reduce isolation.
All of our customers are unique and individual and each volunteer position will be tailored to match the interests of customers and you as a volunteer.
- Do you want to gain experience in the housing and benefit sector?
- Gain work experience for a career in health and social care?
- Attend social activities and events in the community
- Support someone to learn new skills such as getting to a new place on their own
- Support with simple domestic and shopping tasks
- Gain lasting relationship with people in your community
Sounds daunting? Don’t worry. We’ll give you all the training and support you need. We’ll even pay for your travel and if you can spare a whole day we will reimburse you for your lunch!
Our ideal volunteer will be:
- Reliable and committed to providing excellent customer service
- Passionate about making a real difference to people’s lives, and supporting them to be as independent, safe, healthy and happy as they possibly can be
- Kind and empathetic. You will need a sense of humour, an approachable manner and the resilience to cope with a busy, challenging and emotive opportunity
- An enhanced DBS check is required for this role. Current DBS preferably but not essential
And these skills would be an extra bonus:
- Commitment to equality and diversity and a genuine desire to help older people
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Basic IT skills and able to use Microsoft Office
What’s in it for you?
- If you volunteer reliably for 6 months, we will guarantee you an interview for our relief bank. Paid full and part time, permanent and flexible roles available.
- Tailored training and experience to prepare you for future employment.
- Throughout your time volunteering with us you will also have a Line Manager who will support you in your role.
- We will provide monthly reflective practice meetings and offer you 1-2-1 supervision every 3 months.
- We will reimburse travel expenses to and from your volunteering and any journeys while in the course of activities with us. We will also reimburse your lunch for up to £5.00 if you are volunteering over lunchtime.
A minimum of 4 hours per week for 3 months.
Think this is the role for you?
If you need further information, please contact Team Leader Aoife Macsherry at email@example.com.