The Southwark and Lambeth floating support is a visiting support service for adults with learning disabilities living in the Southwark or Lambeth areas. Customers are supported to maintain their tenancies, manage their finances, health and emotional well-being and access their local communities. Our team of staff includes support workers and support assistants and we have a growing bank of volunteers who are helping to deliver our service and provide support to our vulnerable customers.
The role we have available is for a volunteer to assist with service administration and the co-ordination and recruitment of other volunteers. The volunteer role will include tasks such as;
- Organising social inclusion activities for customers
- Writing and distributing customer mail outs
- Taking and typing up minutes of team and customer meetings
- Market research
- Advertising the service including volunteer recruitment- chasing references, booking interviews
- Creating posters/service literature
- Customer consultation
- Offering drop in support
- Help setting up the customer cafe
- Skills – you will need to have good I.T and communication skills and be good at keeping records. You will be able to work independently and be good at organising meetings and co-ordinating the calendars of others. Good level of literacy is required.
- Experience – admin experience is desirable but not essential.
- Personality type- you will need to be empathetic, organised, creative, happy to work alone and as part of a team
What’s in it for you?
- Give something back
- Work experience – within a workplace, in administration tasks, working with customers with a learning disability
- Professional reference
- Learning new skills – organisation, I.T skills, communication, partnership and team working
- Access to roles in other areas of the business e.g. kennels and paid vacancies as they arise
- Full induction and training
- Ongoing support and supervision
- Travel and Lunch expenses
A minimum of 7.5 hours per week for 3 months
Think this is the role for you?
If you need further information, please contact Team Leader Aoife Macsherry at email@example.com .