Ivydale Road is an accommodation-based service for adults with learning disabilities. Customers are supported to maintain their tenancies, manage their finances, health and emotional well-being, access their local communities plus learn the skills required to achieve increased independence. Our team of staff includes support workers and support assistants and we have a growing bank of volunteers who are helping to deliver our service and provide support to our vulnerable customers.
The role we have available is for a volunteer to assist with service administration and the co-ordination and recruitment of other volunteers. The volunteer role will include tasks such as;
- Updating customer files and contact notes
- Answering the office phone and assisting customers to make phone calls
- Assisting with rotas and weekly invoices
- Organising and involvement with social inclusion activities for customers
- Writing and distributing customer mail outs
- Taking and typing up minutes of team and customer meetings
- Market research
- Advertising the service including volunteer recruitment- chasing references, booking interviews
- Creating posters/service literature and carrying out customer consultation
- Offering drop in support
- Help setting up the customer café
- Skills – you will need to have good I.T and communication skills and be good at keeping records. You will be able to work independently and be good at organising meetings and co-ordinating the calendars of others. Good level of literacy is required.
- Experience – admin experience is desirable but not essential.
- Personality type- you will need to be empathetic, organised, creative, happy to work alone and as part of a team
- Specific times and dates if appropriate
What’s in it for you?
- Give something back
- Work experience – within a workplace, in administration tasks, working with customers with a learning disability
- Professional reference
- Learning new skills – organisation, I.T skills, communication, partnership and team working
- Access to roles in other areas of the business e.g. paid vacancies as they arise
- Full induction and training
- Ongoing support and supervision
- Travel and Lunch expenses
A minimum of 7.5 hours per week for 3 months.
Think this is the role for you?
If you need further information, please contact Leena Sachedina on 020 7089 1290.