Family Mosaic is seeking a volunteer for our complex needs service – to help prepare and serve hot meals to supported housing customers– this could include ex homeless, mental health, substance and/or alcohol users and ex offenders who would be working alongside you on it.
We plan to work with “Fare share” who would deliver a bulk amount of food to us and we’d be looking to make that into healthy meals that could be portioned and frozen as well as served fresh. We’d be looking to offer food as a “café style offering” as well as being able to assist our tenants who at times struggle and may need access to food, this way we would be reducing reliance on food banks as well as teaching our tenants about cooking healthier meals on a budget.
- Reliable and committed to providing excellent customer service
- Kind and empathetic to the needs of others
- A good sense of humour, resilience and the ability to get on with people from different walks of life
- Experience in catering/hospitality is a bonus
- Food Hygiene Certificate or the willingness to achieve this at the start of the placement
What’s in it for you?
- Access to tailored employment support and a range of training courses
- Out of pocket expenses reimbursed
- Length of commitment required
- 3-4 hours, 2 days per week
Think this is the role for you?
If you need further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are ready to apply, please click here.